Monday, April 10, 2006

STASH-ALONG Update!

Here's a couple of FO's from my stash. The first one is a felted clutch made with Lion Brand Landscapes, and the second little bag is from the beautiful Lorna's Laces in Shepherd Worsted. I added the little flower just because. These have been fun to knit up quickly, and I'll just save them for presents or something. (I can't bring myself to say I'm working on Christmas just yet.)


I do have to say that I spent my one-day-a-month "buy" on some amazing FEZA Hawaii to make a wonderfully soft scarf from a pattern on their site (see WIP's). I've never felt anything that actually felt like this! It's knitting up quickly now that I've figured out how they dropped a "YO" to make the pattern. I'll get more of this stuff, for sure.

5 comment(s):

beautiful, why don't you go add your blog to the database of the group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Blogger cathych,at 4/10/2006 06:51:00 PM  

Love the knitted bag in Lorna's Laces -- do you have a pattern for that? It looks like it's not felted, just knitted, is that right?

By Anonymous Anonymous,at 4/11/2006 07:47:00 AM  

Great little bags! I just started doing them to balance my sock obsession, lol. Using the Turkish Cast On is the bomb for getting the bottoms started and it works for short row shaping - all using the magic loop technique. If you think you'd like to eventually add bamboo or plastic handles or leather straps here's a cool source that also has instructions

http://umei.com/purse-handbag-cat1.htm
Also for pure eye candy inspiration - Prudence Mapstone has
a cool book "Never Too Many Purses" - free form patterns for purses. at Needle Arts:

http://tinyurl.com/ptwwm

Please give your Calikitty a chin chuff for me - I lost my 17yo geezer loverboy a few days before Thanksgiving after he decided to give up his successful battle with many years with kidney disease and FIV; he had beeb rescued 6 years ago and already had both diseases at the time - like your girl Mr. OK Kitty Superior loved to watch me knit but playing with yarn was below his gentleman's dignity. I did learn early on that he wasn't above sleeping in the yarn basket though!

By Anonymous Anonymous,at 4/11/2006 10:04:00 PM  

Nice use of the stash! Those will be great gifts.

By Blogger Becky,at 4/12/2006 11:43:00 PM  

Your bag is sooooo cute :) love it

By Anonymous Anonymous,at 4/29/2006 09:29:00 PM  

<< Home