Saturday, April 01, 2006

Joined Project Stashalong!


I'm going to commit to this before I get committed!
This is the plan, Stan. I'm going to try and make all these little purses from Ann Norling's design patterns. Most of them only take 50g of yarn. These should be fun to knit up, fast, and I can use up some stash. They'll make great gifts or I can use them as gift bags. But after seeing some photos from some of my partners-in-stashing, I actually don't think I'm in that bad of shape. In fact, I'm feeling downright short-changed. Here I'm thinking I have way too much yarn. HA! While it's true I have committed one drawer and the space behind my couch to stash caching, I don't have nearly as much as some. They could open their own small store! (That's envy you're hearing in my tone.)


The hope is to use some of this stuff up and really try to refrain from buying more until I do. I'm going to give myself two months, because I just know myself, and I know that it may be more than I can take to pass up what I'm sure will be treasured buys.

I should also say that I already had plans for this orange bag of Twisted Sisters yarn. That's for my summer clappy which I'd love to start pretty soon. Yeah; right.

So there you have it. Things are going to start happening now. I'm generally pretty bad at finishing things I start; that's why knitting is so good for me. I'll try to remember to post my progress, and I know I'm going to need a good shove in the bee-hind every once in awhile. Feel free.

5 comment(s):

what a stash . . .where in Michigan are you? I used to live in Troy area for 18 years now I'm in Illinois. Feel free to check out my blog.

By Anonymous Anonymous,at 4/02/2006 08:17:00 PM  

from another MIchigander - grew up in the Detroit area, moved to Traverse City and raised my kids there, now I live in St Louis MO 'cause that's where my hubby is, but we won't be here too much longer.... and I'm likely to be a MOG in the next few years. My youngest graduates from Lake States (LSSU) next year, and his gf of 5 yrs graduates from Grand Valley. I loved reading your accounts of shopping for MOG dresses. Doesn't it just suck?
Anyway, I was following links and came on yours somehow, to realize that we are both Sexy Knitting and Stashing Along.
Nice to meet you. I second Pennie, where in MI are you?

By Blogger Marji,at 4/03/2006 09:58:00 AM  

cute cute bags BTW.

By Blogger Marji,at 4/03/2006 09:59:00 AM  

Marji and Pennie, I'm in Gaylord, 50 miles south of the bridge. I grew up in Rochester but left there for Traverse City where I went to school and lived for 5 years before getting married. LOVED that area, but now it's known as Traffic City! My maiden name was O'Connor. Nice to meet you!

By Blogger KNITWHIT,at 4/03/2006 10:31:00 AM  

Believe it or not, I have sold & gotten rid of much of my stash. It was starting to have babies, lol!

By Blogger cathych,at 4/07/2006 12:04:00 PM  

<< Home