Tuesday, March 07, 2006

GOTTA LOVE TEXAS!

Love this limo!

Well, I'm back! I spent five wonderful days in the sun and warmth north of Houston last week. Loved it! Not that Houston is where I'd necessarily vacation, but they do have some great yarn stores; nothing like here in upstate Michigan where they're few and far between. I visited
Twisted Yarns, a truly beautiful yarn store with very friendly, helpful people and a wonderful selection of yarn. I also ventured into Yarns2Ewe and was just overwhelmed by the size of the store and the quantity of yarns. Beautiful! I told the gal I just didn't know where to start! I found lots of ideas, bought some beautiful yarns, and learned some techniques that were very helpful.

Luckily we were able to spend one day in Galveston. Last time we were there was over 25 years ago. It looks so different! But we walked the beach and got our feet wet and ate ice cream. Very relaxing and well worth the one-hour drive.

So all in all, I had a short but wonderful break from old man winter. I worked on three different knitting projects until I ran out of yarn, but I was able to finally finish the chemo cap (after frogging it three times and finally getting assistance from the wonderful people at Twisted Yarns)!

1 comment(s):

I found your website by Googling yarn stores in Houston. I was tired of going to giant craft stores for yarn and I knew there had to be some cool independent stores out there.

Ironically, the first cool yarn store I ever went to was in Detroit, and I thought, "Why have I never seen anything this cool in Houston?"

Stopped by Yars2Ewe today, thanks!!

By Anonymous Anonymous,at 11/16/2007 04:08:00 PM  

<< Home