Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm Gonna Try This Again...

While I did knit a pair of socks before, they were wool, and after washing them by mistake, they felted quite nicely and hid all my mistakes. So I can't really claim to be comfortable yet with the whole process of turning a heel, picking up the correct stitches, and hiding that inevitable hole in the gusset. I found a wonderfully helpful site that should be called "Sock Knitting For Dummies." God bless Silver for creating this site.

Digging through my stash, I found some Schoeller Stahl Fortissima Colori sock yarn I bought quite awhile ago. (The sample sock looked so cute!) I've been reading up on knitting socks on two circular needles since I got a bunch of them for Christmas. I finally started this one a couple days ago. Working in a k1p1 pattern is so tedious, I'm glad there was only a few inches of it. I'm also finding one of the circs a bit on the long side, but the Addi cables are so soft and flexible, it hasn't really been that big a deal. Anyway, so far so good. (HA!)

3 comment(s):

Very nice page indeed. The sock knitting page I mean! Knitting for dummies...now there is an idea.

By Blogger Minka,at 1/19/2006 10:02:00 PM  

good luck with knitting on two circs! I think you'll find this method much easier on the hands than knitting on DPNs, and less likely to ladder. I only use circs for all my sock knitting now. :)

By Blogger Moxie,at 1/20/2006 01:45:00 PM  

I definitely need a better circ-sock pattern. I did this working off three different patterns, which was a baaaaad idea for my first circ attempt at sox. Hopefully the match to this one will -- yes, match, but also go more smoothly now that I've done one.

By Blogger KNITWHIT,at 1/24/2006 02:31:00 AM  

<< Home